Sunday, January 23, 2011

Swiss Alps

I love sun.  I love warm weather.  I love the beach.  I dislike winter immensely.  But I love to ski. 

Since there isn't much warm weather to be had in Madrid in the near future and the beach is a long haul, I decided the best way to beat the winter blues was to indulge in a bit of snow.  And considering that a friend of mine lives so close to the Swiss Alps, I figured, why not?  Aside from one week spent in Zermatt last January and a 5-day trip planned for Chamonix-Mont Blanc this February, I haven't taken advantage of the proximity of excellent skiing here in Europe nor have I made lugging my ski gear across the world worthwhile. 

While there wasn't too much skiing that was done throughout the weekend (due to going out Friday night which caused everyone to sleep in, due to multiple beer pit stops on the slopes on Saturday, and due to an impromptu sledding adventureon Sunday), the thought and effort to put the ski gear to good use was not lost!  It was a wonderful 48 hours spent in a gorgeous country with pristine weather and great friends.  What more could one really ask for?


Skiing the Swiss Alps


~L

No comments:

Post a Comment