Friday, November 27, 2009

Canary Islands

As many of you know, I'm a true beach girl in every sense.  Still, I thought it would be easy to move to a big city and a welcome relief to live somewhere with seasons (whereas the seasons in Puerto Rico were hot and very hot, humid and very humid).  Well... I was wrong.  As I've said over and over again this winter, I will never live away from a beach again!  I was craving the warmth and sunshine by October and thrilled to be able to visit a beach (while not a couple hours drive, it was just a couple hours by plane) for Thanksgiving break.  I will be the first to admit that I have been spoiled in my beach going the past few years; I would venture to guess I've vistited some of the nicest beaches in the world while living in the Caribbean and traveling through Southeast Asia.  And I will also be the first to admit that the Canary Islands are no Caribbean-- freezing water, high winds, and many, many naked 80+-year-olds.  None-the-less, I had a great time with good friends and got a little sunshine on my pale face. 


Gran Canaria beach


Just a bit windy...


This pretty much explains everything...


Freezing cold water


Good friend Dana and I


Very cool dunes line the waterfront


Another good friend of mine, Jamie


Last day at the beach... a little color


Pretty sunset


Trish and Fil


Dana and I


Sunrise! 


This trip makes me that much more excited for Mexico in February!

Besos a todos,  Linds

1 comment:

  1. Awesome jumping picture!! Ha, ha! Guess what? I'm going to be in Paris on my birthday as well! Too bad they're a week a part! We still need to coordinate a trip together or to see each other. I was thinking about going to Spain for my spring break, but that more than likely is your spring break as well. Hmmm.... we'll see!

    ReplyDelete